Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Ticket? We don't need no stinking tickets.....

An update!  I am still a little hesitant to post this based on karma and/or jinxing things, but I still want all the concerned to know.


Remember on July 8th when the lady at Spirit airlines made us buy tickets out of Colombia before we could check-in?  It turns out that fiasco was because Spirit would have been liable to fly us home in case customs didn't let us through (just an fyi).  Well, I never found my online reservation using the code she gave me.  Thus, I called (via Skype) my credit card company to inform them that I cannot view/manage my reservation online and wanted to do away with the reservation and start over.


I was originally calling just to see what could be done, if anything.  As it turned out, they disputed the charge and returned the amount back to my card.  The unnecessary flight was for July 30th, and since that date has passed I am hoping all is well with the card and it won't show back up.


Moving forward, a good friend of mine actually informed me that we could have refused to pay for the return ticket and instead offered to sign an agreement stating we would pay for any flight necessary out of the country and not hold the airline responsible.  Very important as we continue our travels.


No comments:

Post a Comment