Friday, May 11, 2012

About Us:

Howdy, I am Matt Lankford from Lake Jackson, TX.  After a great childhood I went to TexasA&M University where I graduated in 2009 with a B.S. and M.S. in Accounting.  Then I went to work at Ernst & Young in Dallas with the Audit group.  Although a great job, I definitely knew it wasn’t “me”.  Thus, I got out of the corporate world and into a job that I wanted to do, coaching and teaching.  I landed a job at Abilene High School, so I moved out west where I taught Algebra II and coached football and soccer for the 2011-2012 school year. It was very rewarding, fulfilling, and memorable.  Although I will miss it, now comes a time to set out and accomplish a great goal to see the world!




Howdy! I’m Kristin Heider from Spring, Texas. I went to Texas A&M and graduated in 2007 with a B.S. in Accounting and a M.S. in Finance. After graduation, I moved to Dallas in the summer of 2007 to start with Ernst & Young working in the Audit group. I worked with Ernst & Young for 3 years and enjoyed it, but the hours got to be a little too much for me. So, I left and have been working the past 2 years for EXCO Resources, an oil and gas company in Dallas, in the Internal Audit group. Thanks to both of these great jobs, I have learned so much in the last five years and had the opportunity to work with some amazing people. At this point in my life though, I'm ready to pursue a dream that’s a little bit different than what I’ve been doing the past few years.




Matt and I (Kristin) met at Texas A&M through Fish Camp, an organization where current students facilitate an orientation for incoming freshmen. We were counselors together in Camp Holder '05 where we became good friends.  Then, suprisingly (and fortunately) we were also in Camp Blum '06 together which is quite uncommon.  Although I graduated 2 years before Matt we continued our friendship and kept in touch while he was still at A&M.  After he graduated and travelled through Central America, he moved to Dallas in the Fall of 2009 at which point we started dating and the rest is history :-).  We are so excited to be embarking on this journey together and can't wait to see what the world has to offer!


4 comments:

  1. I agree, you guys are cute. I hope y'all have safe travels and a great time doing something most people only dream about be able to accomplish.

    Althof

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I got to meet you coach, my boys both loved you and we are all going to miss you and wish you the best in your journey. If you come across a nice location in need of sno cones keep me in mind, haha......

    Have fun you two......

    Coach Chilly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will miss y'all very much. However, I am very excited for the both of you! May God be with you thru this amazing journey! Love your blog!
    momma lankford grigsby

    ReplyDelete